Sunday, July 13, 2008

Two weeks in Taiwan

And God is blowing my mind each and every day!
My team and I are currently working with a minority people group in western Taiwan called the Hakka people. There is a .3% christian presence in this area, and in a township of over 100,000 people, we are working with one of the only two churches, while the decorated rooftops of over 90 Daoist temples litter the skyline. Since arriving, our entire team has been able to physically sense the spiritual oppression here, we spent the entire morning this morning in spiritual warfare for this area, and I really believe God has done something through that time, as I felt oppression lift during that time pushing back the darkness and claiming God's promises for the people who live here.

This week we have been able to run programs each day for middle school students as well as high school students, also doing an evening evangelism event for adults. My team has been amazing, spending any free time we get creating and practicing new dramas and witnessing tools (in the last week I have taught them dramas, kids games, magic tricks, how to make balloon animals etc. and I have been learning a lot from them as well). We have seen God answer prayer for healing as well as we did a program in a hospital a few days ago, sharing songs, a skit, some testimonies and most importantly, hope in Jesus Christ. At least one woman was instantly healed when we placed our hands on her, there were several young children I prayed for as well I believe God is healing.

Pray for us this week, we have a full program running a summer camp for a public school. The program was set up by the local church, but will be run completely by our team, and we are doing English, Music, Sports and Drama programs. Pray for the teenagers we have already talked and prayed with who have made decisions to follow Christ. In this culture it is extremely difficult for the teenagers to break with tradition, but many have already taken the first step in deciding to follow Christ, pray that God gives them wisdom as well as strength as they walk their new faith out, especially in the way they relate to their parents.

I am so blessed to have such an amazing team with me (as well as prayer warriors daily bringing us before the throne of God.) These six girls and guys seriously have been doing incredible, not only fearlessly preaching teaching and evangelizing, but storming the gates of hell in their prayers for Taiwan and the people here, as well as praying ceaselessly for the other two teams sent out from our school. Pray for continued boldness, as God continues to stretch us in our times of ministry. I hope to send you pictures when I get to a place with better Internet, as it is I am in a small Internet cafe where I can't upload anything. I'll be sure to keep you updated as things move on,

For His glory!

Andrew

No comments: